The following is the e-mail response from Kentucky Fried Chicken when asked which of their menu items are vegan:
Thank you for contacting KFC and requesting information on our vegetarian menu items. KFC is constantly looking for menu items that fit the majority of our customers’ needs. Please note the enclosed list of vegetarian items on KFC’s menu.
The following items should be available in nearly all KFC restaurants in the United States:
* Corn on the Cob – Super Sweet Corn Variety
* Mashed Potatoes – Made with dry milk solids; may be purchased without gravy
* Cole Slaw – Made with salad dressing, not mayonnaise
* Potato Wedges – Fried in same vegetable shortening as chicken, so could have traces of chicken fat in them.
* Fresh-Baked Biscuit; Cornbread -Contains dairy products
The following items are optional for KFC restaurants in the U.S. and may have limited use:
* Pasta (or Macaroni) Salad – Contains eggs, but no meat or dairy
* Garden Salad
* Three-Bean Salad – No meat, dairy or eggs
* Garden Rice
* Potato Salad – Contains eggs
Please note that KFC restaurants with buffets may have many other vegetarian (or even vegan) items on their buffet bars. Please check with the restaurant manager for further information.
We thank you for your interest in KFC and hope this information is helpful.